Mention list-building in the online world and email marketing comes to mind.
I had a major list-building of a different kind – the 3-Day Walk for the Cure kind.
And, boy, it sure is long.
I remember the days when I packed the morning of a trip.
I was a road warrior in my corporate days, so packing a bag was something I knew how to do.
Now, I make a list.
Okay, to be fair, it’s only this specific trip where I make a list. By the time you read this, I’ll be back in my beloved San Diego.
This trip has turned into an annual three-in-one trip.
- Participating in my 9th 3-Day Walk for the Cure
- Visiting San Diego-based clients and prospects
- Vacation time with friends and lovely beaches
I like to blame the three-fold reason for the list-building – rather than Boomer Brain.
Think about it.
- I need professional attire for my business trip
- I need knock-around garb for hanging out
- And I need everything that goes with the 3-Day Walk
My list ended up on 2 1/2 pages of an Excel document.
The following is just the 3-Day portion.
This is a partial list. I kept off some unmentionables – hey, raised in a different era.
- Avis rental info
- Bathing suit for spa – 1 of the best parts of the Walk (the spa-not me in a bathing suit)
- Camera, Capri, Caps, Code/Contract for house
- Drywick workout pants
- Flag for Car
- Kleenex packs
- Names for Walk
- Rain poncho
- Safety Pins, Scarf for names, Spa shoes, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- Team addresses, Team gifts, Thorlos-thick/thin, Toe pads, T-shirts
- Vaseline/lip balm
- Water bottle, Water bottle holder, Windbreaker
And this is a shorter list. As you get more and more Walks under your feet, you leave out what you don’t need.
- I used to wear a fanny pack, but it kills my back by the end of the 3rd day – Gone
- I took band-aids, antibiotic ointment, etc. – medics have all you need – Gone
And since this old lady no longer sleeps in Tent City, that cut out a ton of stuff – like a sleeping bag – huge.
The Walk is next weekend, November 16-18.
- If you live in San Diego, come cheer us on
- Everyone can think Happy Feet thoughts for all of us
Thank you again to all my contributors. Walk on!
NOTE: I will be in San Diego from November 7th through November 20th. Part of that time will be spent walking 60 miles for the 3-Day Walk for the Cure.
I will respond to Comments as soon as I can. Walk on! And thank you.